Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 2, Late Night

Words... They have power in all shapes and forms. When spoken, some take them to heart, some weren't even listening in the first place. When spoken face to face, its a lot easier to interpret the feelings of the speaker. When spoken via phone, most people can tell by tone of voice. But the hardest form of words to interpret is the written word. Whether it be email, text message, or a handwritten letter, the speaker (in this case writer) cannot truly express their feelings. Yes its true, with the right punctuation it does make it easier to understand. Yet we as people (animals do the same) read so much into body language that the average Joe has a harder time understanding what the writer is feeling. And sometimes the reader, reads too much into whatever its is, and quite possibly can be blown way out of proportion.

Oops!! I don't exactly know where I was going with this... I may even need to enlist the help of my GPS. But I do know that words can make or break a person. So be careful what you say and when. Especially if its written, because when written it can be read over and over again. That can make a persons good day become bad, or a bad day become wonderful.

Another word of advice- My nanny always used to say never go to bed angry. She also had a wall hanging "always kiss me goodnight". Its so very true. I have lost quite a few people in my life, a few of them very unexpectedly. So even though hubby and I had a little tiff this evening, (and yes I am aware that I am taking it a little too much to heart, but words do hurt!!) I will fold my laundry, hang his uniform for the last time, kiss his cheek and whisper in his ear how proud I am of my American soldier and how much I truly do love him.

**Pardon my rambling... Army Wives got me all emotional and then the lil tiff and a teething baby... I need SLEEP...***

No comments:

Post a Comment