Thursday, October 8, 2009

So its been 3 months since he left, random updates



And I need to get back on the bandwagon of this blog!!!!!!!!!


I am officially one quarter of the way through this deployment! Yay!!! Joe had sent the girls a DVD of himself reading two stores to them. One of those stories was "The Little Engine That Could". I keep telling myself to be like the lil blue engine "I Think I can, I think I can!"


I struggle daily to keep my emotions in check. I feel like sometimes I just want to scream and cry out loud, and at other times I am happy as a clam. I hate being on a emotional rollar coaster ride, as if I haven't been on one my whole life anyway. Eventually I will get off and ride something calmer, like maybe "Its a small world".

I have sent a few boxes over to him, and each time I do, I get very excited thinking about him opening them up. The look on his face must be one of joy... at least I hope it is! I love to give him the chance to have a little piece of home with him, even if he is over 6,000 miles away.


The girls and I have kept VERY busy these last few months, hence why I haven't really posted. We have been to almost every state in New England and New York. I have very much enjoyed not being home. The memories here haunt me more then walking through a graveyard on Halloween night. I see him everywhere I turn. I hear his voice even though I know its not there. His pictures melt my heart, and make me miss him even more. I am extremely proud to be his wife. Even though he is having some struggles over there, ones I cannot possibly understand, I know in my heart that he tries his hardest. He is very proud to be a soldier, and I am even more proud of him for serving our country and fighting for our freedom. Without men and women like Joe and the rest of the 747, who knows what state this country would be in today.

We did get to see our handsome soldier back in the middle of August. What a wonderful 4 days weekend that was! We went up to Old Orchard Beach and spent countless hours on the water as a family. We brought his lil sis along to babysit one night, and the two of us went out and THOROUGHLY enjoyed ourselves ;-) No presents left behind for mommy though, if ya know what I mean LOL.
Well I gotta run to go pick up Peanut, shes in Preschool now!!! Can you beleive it?? BTW the cast came off officially the end of August! Thank God thats over with! Here are a few pics for your enojoyment. Monkey sure has gotten BIG! Shes 9 months old now!



No comments:

Post a Comment